I was moderator of Webinar: “How Enterprises Can Secure Their Web Application Against Attacks” organized by EC-Council University, EC-Council, CISO MAG
Here are details about webinar:
- Moderator: Dragan Pleskonjic
- David Kosorok, Director of Application Security at Hyland Software
- Rory McEntee, Vice President of Application Security at Protego Trust Bank
- Date: February 22, 2022
- YouTube video
To effectively protect your organization’s web applications against cyberattacks, it is necessary to take a multidimensional approach. In this webinar, a panel of industry experts will discuss key measures that enterprises can take to mitigate web application security risks, including incorporating DevSecOps from design through implementation, using web application penetration testing to plug vulnerabilities, and improving incident detection and response.
Enterprises can adopt DevSecOps as a methodology and integrate cybersecurity practices such as secure coding into the development life cycle (design, development, testing, release, and maintenance). This ensures that there is no delay in mitigating cybersecurity risks, since secure application rollouts are less susceptible to threats like hacks by malicious actors.
Expert penetration testing professionals test applications to find vulnerabilities and ensure that cybersecurity loopholes can be plugged before malicious hackers can exploit them. Penetration testing can be conducted on applications before rollout and on live applications to continuously improve their security. Every web application should have a sound incident detection and response plan with clear security policies, effective tools, and steps that can be taken to recover from an attack as soon as possible.
- Integrate security management into your web application development life cycle
- Use penetration testing to address web application vulnerabilities
- Implement an effective incident detection and response plan
- Get insights into industry standards, best practices, and processes for web application security
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.