Dragan Pleskonjic, M. Sc.
Researcher, Innovator, Author, Speaker, Adjunct Professor, Security Architect & Adviser, Leader, Entrepreneur, Founder, Executive. Information Security, Software Security, Cybersecurity, Privacy, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
- Senior Director Application Security at IGT (formerly GTECH)
- Initiator and Founder of the R&D projects: INPRESEC (Intelligent Predictive Security), Glog, Security Predictions
- Rich experience in creating and managing start-ups, new businesses development
- Leading management positions in international corporations
- Expertise in information security, computer software and networks industry
- Prolific academic career: Adjunct Professorship, authorship of books, scientific papers and journals’ articles
- Scientific and security leader, researcher, advisor, architect
- Inventor with a set of U.S. patents granted and several patent applications pending (USPTO, CIPO, EPO, WIPO)
- Entrepreneur, leader, motivator, visionary
- Member of the WhiteSource Software Customer Advisory Board
- Member of Serbian AI Society Advisory Board
Dragan Pleskonjic is Senior Director Application Security at IGT (previously GTECH). This is role on GTECH global organization level, focusing on Application Security, Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), Software Security Assurance (SSA) and new security trends. Also, the role of managing General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance for the CIO organization and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery team. GTECH is a leading commercial operator and provider of technology in regulated worldwide gaming markets. It delivers best-in-class products and services, with a commitment to the highest levels of integrity, responsibility and shareholder value creation.
Dragan Pleskonjic was CSO (Chief Security Officer) at GTECH G2 group. International group GTECH G2 was the interactive division of GTECH.
Dragan Pleskonjic previously was Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of GTECH Belgrade Branch (international company headquartered in USA and UK) and also Security Architect. Before acquisition of Finsoft Ltd (London UK headquartered company) by GTECH, Dragan was CEO at BEG Finsoft (its Belgrade division) and also Security Architect.
Dragan is Adjunct Professor of Computer Networks Security and Information Security Management at Advanced school of electrical engineering and computing. He also was Adjunct Professor of Operating Systems and created Software Security course at this school.
He was Venture Partner in Eagle Ventures, one of founders of eNovčanik a.d. Internet payment service, and one of initiators of AutoMARKET system and web portal.
Dragan is an experienced high-tech entrepreneur, with a strong background in security of computer systems, networks and information systems security, cryptology as well as profound knowledge of wireless networks and systems and software development methodologies. He also possesses proven leadership and talent for management and organization. Also, he has experience in mergers and acquisitions.
Dragan is ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor and PCI ISA (Payment Card Industry Internal Security Assessor).
Dragan has Master of Science (in Serbian: Magistar) in Computer Science in area of Security and Cryptography from University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing and works toward his Ph. D. in area of wireless and mobile networks security.
He used to lead software development in Belgrade division of Los Angeles headquartered company Empower LLC. He has been a project leader and software development manager for PCTEL Inc. NASDAQ: PCTI, USA based company later acquired by Smith Micro Software, Inc., i.e. director of its wireless network software development division in Belgrade. Prior to acquiring by PCTEL, he was research and development manager of Chicago based startup cyberPIXIE, Inc. wireless solutions company.
Dragan began his career in Technical Military Academy and Faculty (University) of former Yugoslavia Army in Zagreb as teaching assistant and researcher. Then he spent several years as the head of the networks and communications department at a Belgrade technical Lola Institute.
He initiated and has held leading positions in a number of industry projects, as well as in research and development projects, mostly in the area of computer networks, security, and cryptology and software development.
Published ten books and over seventy papers at technical and scientific conferences, seminars and journals internationally, including IEEE and ACM events and publications. Reviewer for scientific and technical journals, conferences and papers. Cited and quoted.
Inventor of set of granted patents.
Dragan is member of:
- ACM society (honored with the designation of Senior Member since 2010) and ACM SIGSAC (Special Interest Group on Security, Audit and Control)
- IEEE and IEEE Societies (honored with the designation of Senior Member since 2017):
- ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
He is an enthusiast of security, cryptology, network & communications, software development methodologies, software architectures, investments, organization of ICT teams and start-up companies.
Native in Serbian, Dragan is fluent in English and can use Russian.
- USPTO (USA Patent and Trademark Office) granted patents
- USPTO (USA Patent and Trademark Office) patent applications
- CIPO (Canadian Intellectual Property Office) patent applications
- EPO (European Patent Office) patent applications
- WIPO (The World Intellectual Property Organization)
- Books published >>
- Teaching courses >>
- Publications, papers, articles, citations, reviews >>
- Projects >>
- Security blog >>
Note: Some of above pages are in Serbian language