Interesting article: Software – PCI DSS compliance low as June deadline looms: Survey reveals alarmingly low levels of compliance for PCI DSS with only 3% of merchants ready.
Top line survey findings include:
- 85% of respondents are aware of the standard, a significant improvement given only 40% knew about PCI when the last Logic Group survey was conducted 12 months ago
- 52% of surveyed companies have already assessed the impact PCI compliance will have on their businesses
- 60% of companies surveyed are currently at the PCI assessment phase
- 20% of respondents haven’t even started the journey to achieving compliance
- 68 % of merchants rated the support they have received as being insufficient
- 71% of respondents have committed to achieving PCI compliance over the next 18 months.