McAfee published 10 security predictions for next year. This is list:
- The number of password-stealing websites will increase using fake sign-in pages for popular online services such as eBay.
- The volume of spam, particularly bandwidth-eating image spam, will continue to increase.
- The popularity of video sharing on the web makes it inevitable that hackers will target MPEG files as a means to distribute malicious code.
- Mobile phone attacks will become more prevalent as mobile devices become ‘smarter’ and more connected.
- Adware will go mainstream following the increase in commercial Potentially Unwanted Programs.
- Identity theft and data loss will continue to be a public issue – at the root of these crimes is often computer theft, loss of back-ups and compromised information systems.
- The use of bots, computer programs that perform automated tasks, will increase as a tool favoured by hackers.
- Parasitic malware, or viruses that modify existing files on a disk, will make a comeback.
- The number of rootkits on 32-bit platforms will increase, but protection and remediation capabilities will increase as well.
- Vulnerabilities will continue to cause concern fuelled by the underground market for vulnerabilities.
You can find podcast here.